Re: All the pieces to my car are back in one place!

To: "Ryan Roswell Bird" <birdman@myrealbox.com>
Subject: Re: All the pieces to my car are back in one place!
From: "Gerardo Magana" <gmagana@softcom.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 22:22:20 -0700
Ryan, I wish you the best, unfortunately a drop by for me would be like
several hours away.  I would like to say that now is a good time to take a
good look at your car while it is apart and to make sure you get as much
mechanical done before you put it together. Start with the axle, seals,
brake system, bearings in the back. Paint as much as you can during the time
you put it together.  Also take a look at the front suspension, shocks, a
arms, brakes and wheel bearings. Make sure that you use grade 8 bolts, nuts,
washers and lock washers. A good rule of thumb is to take one off, figure
how many you'll need, then go down buy them and put them on.  Nothing looks
worse than a freshly painted car with old nuts and bolts, and its not that
expensive to replace them. I think I spent 50 dollars total on replacing
mine.  I put my car back together in 3 1/2 weeks from a body and frame to a
complete car, the key is to keep plugging away.  I can't tell you how much
fun and satisfaction you will have once you complete it.  Feel free to e
mail me with any questions that you may have, I learned allot along the way
as I put mine together.
Gerardo Magana
67.5 Solex SRL 311-00222  (First Place winner stock 2000 category at Mt.
Shasta this year!!!)