Re: Rocker arm stud stripped on the head

To: Robert.Long@CSDInc.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rocker arm stud stripped on the head
From: "sidney raper" <spl310@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 10:50:15 -0400
Robert,

The answer is a Helicoil.  You can purchase the helicoil and it's
installation tool at almost any good auto parts store.  Just make sure that
you clear out any debris from doing it.  One thing that may be an issue is
the thread.  I don't know if there is a helicoil for the thread that these
studs use.  If not, you will have to source another stud or bolt to replace
it.  Just make sure that you mark it in some way (punch on the head??) so
that it does not get put in the wrong place on future work.

Sid