Re: Chain Tensioner

To: Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us
Subject: Re: Chain Tensioner
From: "John Schmitt" <jschmi7@us.ibm.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jul 2001 08:53:03 -0500
Fred,  Mine is not a problem of old chain or tensioner.  Both were replaced
within the past 5K miles at rebuild.  The head also fell within specs.  My
problem is with the tensioner loosing pressure after a day or so and having
the death rattle at startup for only 1/2 to 1 second.  I am looking for a
solution to that short time at startup.  After that, I have a smooth
running motor. From what I have read,  it seems to be the concensus that
the washers are the best alternative.

John Schmitt    Telecommuter External # - 847-458-7829
pager 800-759-8888 pin#  8710561