Re: cold air box fabrication

To: FOFarrell@qtww.com
Subject: Re: cold air box fabrication
From: Daniel Neuman <dneuman@quark.sfsu.edu>
Date: Thu, 12 Jul 2001 12:49:30 -0700 (PDT)
Hello,
        Well I thought the two part polyurethane foam would melt in acetone...
Well the styrene foam is easier to get and cheaper...and I need to do the
parafin wax trick anyways to get a smooth interior surface.  Willthe acetone
eat the wax or do I just run boiling water through it.
        The reason why I want to do this 'lost foam' method is that the box
is probably going to be pretty convoluted and have all kinds of wacky angles...
I would liek to jsut cover it all at once with the S2 glass as opposed to
making it in sections and gluing it toghether.. I think that it will be much
stronger that way.
                Daniel 69 2000
                SF CA