Re: just saw a roadster on TV

To: Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: just saw a roadster on TV
From: Ronnie Day <ronday@home.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Jul 2001 16:47:18 -0500
> just saw a commercial with a ratty roadster for the Rockford Files 2 hour
> movie that's on CBS tonight at 9.

Yeah,

Stuart Margolin (Angel) drove what can only only be honestly described as a
roachter. Two tone, faded powder blue and rust. It was awful, a real POS. I
felt embarrassed every time I saw it. Rockford Files is being shown daily on
TNN for those that might be interested. They've also recently started
showing Miami Vice, too.

You'll see quite a few roadsters and 510s on Magnum, quite a few more on
Hawaii 5-0. 5-0 was still in production when we lived there in there and
Lenny Freeman, one of the producers, was a member of the Datsun Club. Drove
a white Z with a custom saddle stitched interior.

They actually did a 5-0 episode  in '72 about a road race (actually a hill
climb) up Tantalus, located above D/T Honolulu. Due to Lennie's involvement
they used a lot of the local sports cars folks and cars. There was a bit of
artistic license taken, since they actually used the roads around Mariners
Ridge, above Koko Marina, (then a new and non yet completely populated area)
rather than Tantalus  I also love the crash sequence where Ricardo Montalban
starts out in a 308 (I think) and when cut to the crash it's an open wheel
car. Yeah, right. Unfortunately for us, that was the year before we went
over there.

FWIW, Ron

The ACL Group
Arlington, Texas