Re: replacing intake exhaust gasket wth engine in car.

To: Daniel Neuman <dneuman@quark.sfsu.edu>, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: replacing intake exhaust gasket wth engine in car.
From: dana nojima <noji-1@pacbell.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 17:38:25 -0700
Daniel,

You can take off the exhaust and carbs with the head on and in the car.
You will come away very injured, but it can be done.  It is nice to have
a variety of wrenches. Long ones, short ones, curved ones. . . .   If
you are lucky all the bolts are of the same size.  They can be mixed
with 12's and 13 mm.  For several of the bolts you will be only able to
turn them about 1/8th of a rotation, then flip the wrench and get
another 1/8th. This is all done using just your finger tips. As you can
imagine this could take a long time.   The rear bottom ones can be a
real bear.  You can take out the starter and come in from below.

Have a beer nearby and  have fun,

Dana "who has done this way too many times" Nojima

--
Dana Nojima, Ph.D.
HYSEQ, Inc.