Re: Suspension overhaul

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Suspension overhaul
From: Daniel E McHatton <hallosb@juno.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Jul 2001 17:25:46 -0700
Don't want to rain on the parade.  I've replaced suspension parts on
several cars, but the coil springs still scare me.  Lots of potential
energy that can seriously hurt you.

I didn't have much luck using a coil spring compressor (which I've used
on other cars).  I could barely compress the spring with the tool and
ended up relying more on a hydraulic jack than anything.  Most people
forgo the coil spring compressor altogether and just use a hydraulic
jack.

Maybe others have some useful tips.  All I can say is go for it, but be
VERY CAREFUL!!!