Re: Shasta 2001

To: Steve Allen <dumpdude@pon.net>
Subject: Re: Shasta 2001
From: Gary McCormick <gkmcc@netgate.net>
Date: Sun, 08 Jul 2001 00:07:04 -0700
Great pics, Steve - a definite plus for those of us who couldn't be there.

I still have a hard time believing the lengths folks will go to to modify a
Roadster. To think that a relatively little-known car like the
Datsun Sports Roadster, which has been so overshadowed by the Z, would inspire
people to spend the great amounts of time, money and care that
have obviously been put into some of the revved-up, pumped-up and primped-up
Roadsters that are up at Shasta this weekend is just amazing,
truly amazing.

Gary McCormick
San Jose, CA
(spending this weekend, and several more to come, probably, shifting things
from the garage to the attic to clear some room to finally work on
the Roadster!)

P.S. - I would like to nominate Buz Bowman's 240SX-powered, automatic
conversion for the winner in the category "Best Attempt At Making A
Roadster Look Like An MG Midget" - those taillights... Aaaauuuggghhhhh!!!