Re: 510 alternator?

To: Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 510 alternator?
From: Ronnie Day <ronday@home.com>
Date: Sat, 07 Jul 2001 16:54:07 -0500
>datsunmike:

> You can get it to fit and no the wiring plugs are different but they can be
> made to fit also. You'll have to cut the harness. Will take effort but I run
> a 240 alt in my 66.

I don't think you really have to cut the harness. I avoid cutting the OEM
harness unless there's absolutely no other option. I've made jumpers using
crimp on connectors, of the correct size and using appropriately sized wire.
You might even get lucky and find an extra molded plastic insulator that
fits.

I wonder if any of the aftermarket wiring outfits have the type of nylon
insulators connectors that Nissan used? A lot of the ones I have are drying
out. If I remember correctly they were pretty common to other cars built
then, too.

FWIW, Ron

The ACL Group
Arlington, Texas