Our own mini-Shasta

Subject: Our own mini-Shasta
From: "Brian Hollands" <bholland@hayes.ds.adp.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2001 14:15:44 -0400
Well it wasnt quite Shasta but we had a little get together here in Riverview
(Tampa)
today.  Woody (of black widow spider fame) and his uncle Glen both came over to
my place
today to look at and talk roadsters.  No driving this time as Woodys car is in
need of
transmission work and mine has no engine.  Still a good time was had.
Woodys car is a white 69 2000 in pretty good shape.  It has a set of downdraft
solexs
similar to the Weber DGV type carbs on a pair of the adaptor manifolds like
those used to
the DGV swap on 240Zs.  I hadnt ever seen that before.  The car has some
interesting
transmission noises and an intermittent loss of reverse.  Im worried that the
main-shaft
nut is backing off.  Woodys planning on pulling it out real soon.
Glens car is a red 66 1600.  Seems to be a good runner.  It was really cool to
see a pair
of running Roadsters coming down my street.  Hopefully it wont be too long
before another
one is scaring the neighbors.  Well probably be getting together again to
either take
Woodys engine/trans out or put mine back in  which ever comes first.  After
that itll
be time for a West Central Florida fun run and barbeque.  Anyone else out there
in the
Tampa/Orlando/Bradenton area?  David Fox, are you still here?  Well need more
than three
roadsters to make an event out of it.
Brian