Re: dirt city

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: dirt city
From: Daniel E McHatton <hallosb@juno.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2001 10:17:50 -0700
Mitch is right about the bolt going through the u-joint housing.  You
have to remove it first.  After that, I used a slightly different method.

I have the earlier style solid column, but it should work for the later
models.  I removed the c-clips on the u-joint at the steering box.  I
then removed the cups and bearings to separate the u-joint (Be careful
here. Those little needle bearings are easy to lose.).  I then used a
gear puller to pull the u-joint housing off the column.  I need to point
out that I also pulled my steering box and my radiator for other reasons.
 With these things still in the car, my method may not work.