How to wire GM alternator

To: datsunmike <datsunmike@nyc.rr.com>,
Subject: How to wire GM alternator
From: Adam Bradley <ambradley@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 14:27:05 -0700 (PDT)
I picked up a single wire GM alternator today.  It is the modified
version that has the two side connectors blocked off.

Exactly how do I wire this in my car?  I'm sure I ground the one
connector, but do I just wire the other side directly to the battery?
Or do I need to somehow integrate the ignition switch so the alternator
isn't always "active"?

Please help!  Explicit "wiring for dummies" instructions, with wire
colors, are appreciated.  I understand the '70 is a bit different than
the earlier years, even from the '68 and '69.  I can crimp ends on
wires and connect from point A to point B, but I'm at a loss on how to
wire this.  And if anyone is in the greater Sacramento area and can
help, I'll buy pizza and Pepsi!

Thanks,
Adam Bradley
'70 1600