Contamination!

To: "Autox" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Contamination!
From: snyler <marc@animalfirm.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 09:52:04 -0500
     I was removing the air cleaners from the 1600 and looked closely for
the first time at the bolts holding them to the carbs.  They're a motley
group all different lengths and head sizes.  One had FIAT embossed on the
head as plain as day!  I knew about the british influence, but FIAT?
     Now the technical part:  what is the bolt size for those fasteners?
I thought 5/32, but apparently not, the FIAT fastener has awakened new
suspicions that they are metric!  This is  1970 1600 #SPL311-31016.

-Marc T.

Marc Tyler
Designer,
Animal Firm