Cam chains and things...

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Cam chains and things...
From: "Rourke, Brian" <Brian.Rourke@compaq.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jul 2001 19:32:45 +0800
Thanks to all the people that got back about my chains and things. I spoke
to the previuos owner today, he assures me that the cam towers were shimmed
and line bored during the re-build. He also said that all the chains guides
and tensioners were brand new 10,000 miles ago. The car was restored in
95/96 and has only traveled to club meetings and things over the last 5
years or so. The car has won plenty of awards for condition and
presentation, so I do believe the guy when he tells me what has been done.
So, what next. ?? Brad ( the last owner/restorer) supplied me with a brand
new oil pump. This was to be his next step in fixing the problem, until the
need to pay off his mortgage prompted him to sell the car.

Do the U20 engines have a common problem with low oil pressure. Based on
others experience, would this be a possible/probable cause.

Symptoms are, cold starts - no rattle. When the engine reaches running temp,
the chains rattle at 700 to about 1000 rpm and then go quiet above
that........any ideas anyone??

                                        All the best, Brian.