windshield install prices...

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: windshield install prices...
From: Daniel Neuman <dneuman@quark.sfsu.edu>
Date: Tue, 26 Jun 2001 14:29:39 -0700 (PDT)
Hello All,
        Sorry for all the posts I guess I am just stressing out trying to get
everything done before shasta.
        So I have been calling around to try to find a place to install my
new windshield..not having much luck..half the places I called don't do auto
glass anymore or don't have an autoglass guy working for them anymore...the
other
half jsut won't do it or they sound like hacks....I found one place in the
city where the guy actually new what a roadster was and has installed roadster
windshieled before.  Probalem is is that he wants like ~200 bucks to do it..
Yikes, that is a bit more than I was thinking....but the hack places say it will
cost me about 100 bucks to have it done... am i getting screwed on prices?? I
con't risk some scmoo breaking the glass or wrecking the gasket..what should
I do?? Like I have a choice..but 200 bucks yikes....
He also asked me if the windshield or gasket was original nissian or if they
were replacements made in Mexico which he says are of lower quality and harder
to work with.
                Daniel 69 2000
                SF CA