Re: Broken bolt in floating door hinge

To: solex67@hotmail.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Broken bolt in floating door hinge
From: "sidney raper" <spl310@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 03:40:58 -0400
Andrew,

Get 3 fender washers and bolt them to the mounting point using the other 3
bolts.  With that done, center punch the 4th (broken) bolt and drill a pilot
hole in the center.  If that does not drive it out, spray PB Blaster or some
other penetrant on it, let it soak and give it another try.  The heat from
drilling may start the bolt remnant going foreward, and when it does you can
just let it fall down inside the door post.  If it is on the door instead of
the post, you can turn the door upside down and it will fall out.

Sid