Re: Nissan gives the Roadster recognition

To: <RoadsterGB@aol.com>, Roadster List
Subject: Re: Nissan gives the Roadster recognition
From: Ronnie Day <ronday@home.com>
Date: Sun, 10 Jun 2001 11:38:19 -0500
> I've seen mistakes on the other pages but I'm bored now and it's time to get
> off my soapbox.

Don't blame you, Rob. I'd guess that the blatantly incorrect info on the
website was based on superficial research by some young copywriter who
hasn't a clue regarding the relatively early history of the company here in
the US or the roll of folks like Bob Sharp, Pete Brock and others played in
making the cars as popular as they were. They probably don't who Katayama
is, except as a picture on the wall.

Too many businesses today are run by bean counters and "marketers" who's
primary, probably their only, concern is the bottom line, without any love
or enjoyment of what they're doing of and by itself. Whatever product or
service they sell is irrelevant (to them) as long as it makes them a ton of
money. IMHO, that's the attitude that nearly killed Nissan, and still may.

I feel better. Now I'll get off my soapbox, too.

FWIW, Ron

The ACL Group
Arlington, Texas
(817) 572-0873