I'm a dummy and I hate the electric fan

To: datsun <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: I'm a dummy and I hate the electric fan
From: Adam Bradley <ambradley@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2001 15:49:06 -0700 (PDT)
OK, I blame this all on someone else because of course I'm never at
fault for anything.  I was using a screwdriver to open the thermostat
when refilling the radiator.  Somehow I bent the thermostat so its rod
didn't face up anymore, but rather sideways.  Restricted the flow of
water, which caused it to overheat.

But all is not well yet.  With the thermostat "repaired", it didn't
completely overheat but got very hot.  With the thermostat out it's
running about midway between the F and 250, maybe about 215 or 220
degrees.  I believe this is pretty accurate as the tempurature has been
tested before and the gauge agreed with the real thermometer.

So... should I drive my car all the way to SF with it running this hot,
if it doesn't get any hotter?  Will I do any damage?

Adam

=====
Adam
'70 1600 SPL311-28181