Going out with a bang

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Going out with a bang
From: "Andrew Murphy" <solex67@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2000 20:27:32 -0800
All,

Well, SRL311-00489 is oficially "down". After a year a incredible fun and
almost 14,000 miles (yes, that is accurate)I took my car off of the road for
its restoration. Anyone who says these cars are not durable is full of it.
They ONLY problem I had was a failed clutch slave cylinder. This car has
been a real treat to own and drive.

So today was the final hurrah for a while. Me, Roman Rist and Victor Laury
spent the late morning and early afternoon chasing each other through the
VERY twisty roads of the Topanga area East of Malibu. Stopped for lunch and
then found one of the twistiest roads I have ever been on. At one point, it
was a constant "10 to 2" and back. A series of S turns that had Victor's big
smile ligting up my rear view mirror.

Afterwards, we found a car wash and did one of Victor's patented "cleaning
the engine enough to clean it" washes and then went to Roman Rist's place
where my car will be living for quite a while. We wasted no time and started
pulling of trim and the grill, while Victor made some mental notes. "Cad
this" and "Chrome that". Pretty fun.

My girlfriend Liz came by and picked me up and we drove home.

So folks, my adventure begins. I will keep you updated as to my progress and
the next time SRL311-00489 hits the road he will be a restored beauty ready
to rock!

Andrew Murphy
NOROC