vroooooom!

To: "Roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: vroooooom!
From: "Pam & Paul Bauman" <plhbauman@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2000 15:32:09 -0800
Or should I say "Yeeeeehaaaa!". Well, yes, I did say that at the time. The
beast lives again! She chugs and spits and I know everything that can
possibly be out of adjustment is out of adjustment, but WHO CARES? That
engine running of it's own accord is the greatest sound I could have heard
before the end of the year. Thanks to all for their input on the timing
problem. A little of this one and a little of that one solved the problem.
Thanks to all for everything.

Two things. I can't seem to get a good seal on the glass bowl fuel filter. I
even pulled the fuel pump thinking I had put the valves in wrong. She just
won't pull gas from the tank with it connected. I am using an inline filter
that seems to work fine, but would like to get the glass one working.

Also, the front carb is overflowing. I pulled the float and checked the
height on the needle valve lever. 14-15mm the book says when the assembly is
inverted. I tried one of my old brass floats with the same results. Never
had a carb overflow before, so I am again in unknown waters (or gas).

Oh yes, before I forget Yeeeeehaaaa!

Paul Bauman
Westminster, CA
67 1600