electrical questions

To: "Roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: electrical questions
From: "Pam & Paul Bauman" <plhbauman@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2000 21:16:00 -0800
And before you ask,  this isn't about how to put Christmas lights on a
roadster.

Hmmmm...

No, not this year.

However, I do have a couple questions. Someone has to pick up the torch now
that Roman has solved his roadster riddle :)

My tail light lamp sockets are of two types. One is a rubber push-on boot
and the other a plastic bayonet-lock type. Which goes in the top lens
assembly? I ask this only after putting the assemblies back on the car in
hope that I did it right!

My other question involves the backup light switch on the tranny. I tossed
the wire that goes to the switch because it was hopelessly gunked up with
oil and dirt (and yes, unlike my steering tube, I actually DID throw this
away!). I really don't want to crawl under to look at the switch terminals
tonight just so I can make up a new wire. Does this harness have one or two
wires? Am I right in thinking that it is spade connector on the tranny side
and bullet connector topside?

Paul Bauman
Westminster, CA
67 1600