Christmas comes early

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Christmas comes early
From: "Andrew Murphy" <solex67@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Dec 2000 08:24:44 -0800
Hello All,

Drove 1000 miles in 36 hours, suffered extreme cold while driving through
the mountains with no top (gaining a whole new resepct for those poeple who
live in cold areas), following my girlfriend who was driving my dad's truck
loaded full of spare parts (more on that later) and also had the time of my
life.

And the weekend is not over.

Yes, Liz and I picked up another car this weekend. This one is a 1970 SPL
conversion. It is a maroon rocket! It has full competition parts including
solexes, B-cam, 7 qt. oil pan, comp suspension. Aluminum wheels, roll bar.
The engine was rebuilt by a performance shop. The car is a rocket! I only
hope that when my 67 2000 gets redone it is as fast!

But the second score was all of the spare parts. Many of which we don't need
and will probably make available for sale. We got a complete and running
(when pulled) 1600 engine, full SU 2000 setup, original 2000 and 1600
exhaust manifolds. And the piece de resistance- a set of original Solex
carbs. The early model. Many other parts too. We will need to go through and
catalog and clean them, but if you are looking for some parts, we may be
able to help you out.

Here is a prieview of the "Maroon Rocket". I will be taking more pics at the
SoCalROC meet today.

See you on the road!

Andrew Murphy
SoCalROC