Re: Tom's Car

To: Davesmbox@aol.com
Subject: Re: Tom's Car
From: "Patrick J. Horne" <horne@cs.utexas.edu>
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2000 16:38:15 -0600
I think I was the first Roadster person that Tom met here in Austin, I
met with him and took him out to eat and sight see when he came down to
interview with Motorola.  My wife and I have gotten together with tom and
Janice a fair amount, until the time of their divorce.  Now, I must say
that I am getting information mainly from Tom, but we did hear from Janice
last Christmas.  Her view of things was quite different from Toms!

Part of the divorce settlement was that she was to get ownership of the
67 2L.  At the time they split the engine was out of the car (and apart),
as well as other things that would keep the care from being a runner.  She
thought that it had been together and Tom took it apart to spite her.

She has now put the car up for sale, but I don't want to get tied up in
this deal.  I AM willing to pick up the car and bring it to my house to
be picked up by someone, but you folks will have to get the deal together
with her.  I don't mind taking her the $$ when I pick it up either.  I
don't think there would be any appearance of taking sides in that case.

Giver her a call, then let me know what I can do.  My phone number is
(512)376-1949 at home, where I will be tonight and most of tomorrow.

Good luck!

Peace,
Pat

--
Pat Horne, Network Manager, Shop Supervisor, Future planner
voice (512)471-9517, fax (512)471-8885