Re: Seat Belts

To: "Hall, Phillip" <Phillip.Hall@msfc.nasa.gov>
Subject: Re: Seat Belts
From: Gary McCormick <svgkm@halley.ca.essd.northgrum.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Nov 2000 08:43:14 -0800
The same folks who think that they can survive an auto accident by being
ejected from the
car probably also think that they can survive an elevator accident by jumping
up REALLY
hard just before the elevator hits bottom... technical term for them is spam
(or at least
that's what they look like when the EMTs are scraping them together for the
trip to the
morgue.

My father was a CHP officer for 20 years, and I grew up reading "CHP Magazine"
- thank
goodness the accident report photos were in black & white. Our family car (a
retired CHP
Dodge Polara) had seatbelts before they were required by law, and I have always
used
them, even as a reckless (but not STOOPID) teenage driver (helmet when riding
the
motorcycle, too).