Auto-X report

To: datsunroadsters@onelist.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Auto-X report
From: HIGHKIX4@aol.com
Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 14:34:16 EST
WOw!
Last Sunday took SAKE RKT to Tidewater Sports Car Clubs
autocross, just down the road from me, at a spare US Navy
practice airfield.   No top installed yet, and was real cold,
especially after the rain started, and with the recent
demise of the heater motor.   Oh yea, the windshield
wipers became sporadic, requireing "a helping hand"
to reach down every once in a while.   But boy was it fun.
Tight course, 1st and 2nd gear.  Probably a bit of third if
it was dry....Learned that its easy to put the tail out but
very easy to keep from spinning, it just stays out at
a nice angle as you modulate the gas.  Downshift
to 1st and drop the clutch coming in jumps it out
and was fun in the wet.  Wish I had LSD, inside
spun lots.
Was I fast?   No, not by a long shot, but each run
was significantly faster, and next time I might get
within reach of beating someone....especially
if I quit missing a gate and DNFing......
Yea I will for sure be back for the one in DEC!
Car ran great, 7000 RPM fromt the pushrod 2L
was just what she seemed to like.   The guy who
built this thing and selected the cam and other
engine guts did a great job, now I just got to learn
to apply it to the pavement......
BTW, was OCOD (oldest car of day)...and got many
comments for cool car...They are looking forward to
my return in Dec!
Jim
Chesapeake Va
67 pushrod 2L 5spd