DISASTER!

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: DISASTER!
From: "Andrew Murphy" <solex67@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 13:35:52 PST
All,

This morning I get a call from my girlfriend who says her 70 2000 has broken
down and that she is at a gas station and needs me to come pick her up. I
ask her what happened and she says she thinks she broke a fan belt judging
from the noise. I figure "no problem" and I get in my car to pick her up and
arrange to have the car towed home already wondering what the cost of a
replacement belt would be.

When I get to the gas station, I notice A LOT of fluid has leaked onto the
ground beneath the car. Uh Oh. I pop the hood and have a look.

There is a 3 inch diameter hole blown in the side of the block right below
cylinder #3.

This engine is blown. Gone. Shot. Dead. I break the news to her gently and
tell her to look on the bright side. At least she won't have to worry about
what color to paint the car for a while.

So now I have to help her find a replacement U20. Vendors: figure we will be
contacting you soon. May as well get the whole thing rebuilt since we have
to replace the block.

Roadster challenges continuing,

Andrew Murphy
SoCalROC