Re: 1970 Master Cylinder

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net, Datsundude@aol.com
Subject: Re: 1970 Master Cylinder
From: Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us
Date: Tue, 14 Nov 2000 17:28:46 -0800
Dean,

Some have the stop screw and some don't. What I do is to squirt a lot of
WD-40 into it. The hold it with the cylinder opening facing down, and drop
it onto a soft wood board from a couple feet up. Gravity should eventually
work the piston free, without any damage to the aluminum cylinder. (Note
that I said to drop it on a soft wooden board.)

In the past, I've tried pressing it in, figuring the spring would pop it
back out. No go, just makes it worse. Also tried air compression. Also no
go. Ended up having to drill a hole into the piston in order to grab it
with a hook (not recommended because the metal is very hard on the drill
bit). Dropping it seems to work for me.

Fred - So.SF
BADROC