Re: Our Roadster an MG???!!!

To: chriss@euregio.net, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Our Roadster an MG???!!!
From: RoadsteRob@aol.com
Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 18:11:30 EST
Hi Chris

As far as I'm aware the only link anything to do with MG and Datsun is that
Nissan bought an MGA in the late 1950s and pulled it apart to see how good it
was. (Then Nissan went on to build a far superior car!)

The design of the Fairlady was credited to Mr Iizuka, who can speak at length
about how he came about the Datsun's design, and deep down the MGB is a
different animal - unitary construction as opposed to separate body/frame etc.

In Australia they saw the Fairlady as very similar to the Fiat convertible,
and some say it looks like a Lancia! I think the general agreement is that
the designs just reflected the times.

Keep telling everyone that your Datsun was unveiled a year before the MG and
that may shut them up.

Regards

Rob
<A HREF="http://www.datsun.org/fairlady/";>The Classic Fairlady Roadster