the 500 car runs again!!!!!!!!!

To: datsun roadsters <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: the 500 car runs again!!!!!!!!!
From: Roman Rist <ristguitars@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 6 Nov 2000 00:15:59 -0800 (PST)
 Hey Roadster people!
A big howdy to one and all!
I have been in lurk mode a bit lately.
haven't had too much to say, been quiet on the list and slow on the
registry.
Mainly, been trying to get caught up on life.
Here's the essay on how I spent my summer. I MOVED! Moved my girlfriend
out in May, moved my guitar shop to a temporary space in June, moved a
friend in June, moved from my apt to a house in July, moved another
house to the new house in August, moved my guitar shop to the new house
in August, spent all of Sept doing renovations on two houses, all of
August spent doing the same, all of Sept, same.....etc.

Now that I have bored you all with the insignificant crap of my life,
here is how it applies to roadsters;
In July, bummed I wouldn't make shasta because of the above, I bought
an interior kit for the Sora blue 70. I figured while you all were
having fun, I'd get my car in better shape. I half completed this and
then all hell broke loose.
little by little, I stole what ever time I could on the car.
Boy, it's easy to take them apart....harder to get back together. It is
easy to get into the "while we're at it" syndrome!
Here's what occurred "while I was at it"
engine bay repainted
carbs gone through and polished
every stupid little thing while the car was apart was either repaired,
replaced, polished or painted.
new master (thanks, Les)
new shocks (thanks, Les)
new starter (thanks to the rebuilder)
Brake brace (thanks, stan)
new windsheild (thanks, Les )
new used roll bar (thanks, Gary)
new interior (thanks Dean)
new header, thank god I had one laying around!
new used top and frame (thanks, Steve)

Well today, Victor and I got her running!!!!!! straight open header and
all! boy, was that loud!! Fun though.

So thanks to everyone who contributed, and BTW, watch out Cal, there's
another Sora blue roadster getting ready to prowl around Ca.

If you have made it this far, thank you for reading my ramblings.
Roman

http://shopping.yahoo.com/