Re: 67.5 2000 for sale in Florida

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: 67.5 2000 for sale in Florida
From: Leonard Sprague <sprague@ufl.edu>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 20:05:00 -0400
Is there a definite way to tell ( besides VIN on engine
) if this is in fact a
67.5 2000. According to
http://www.datsunroadster.com/INFO_PAGES/what_year.htm
this car should have a VIN between SRL311-00001 to
01000. Correct?

Is there anything else specific that I need to look for
on this particular car?

Also... I spoke with the owner and have made
arrangemants to go see the car this
Saturday. I will take pictures and get as much
information as possible from him
for anyone interested ( including myself ). I'd like to
get everyone's input
before I go down.

This is what the owner has said so far: (quoting)
 - he has owned the car for ~ 10 years.
 - it was restored ~ 15 years ago.
 - red w/ black interior
 - just under 70,000 miles

is this right?
 - SU carbs?
 - has a high wind-shield?

available pictures:
http://www.datsunroadsters.com/dats03.html
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/Downs/5610/dat_tpa1.jpg
(second one from
right)

Thanks in advance.

-Lenny
(pencil, paper, & camara in hand)

p.s. "Easily a 10 footer" means that it looks great
from ~ 10 feet away.

Andrew Murphy wrote:

> 1967 Datsun 2000, 2000 cc Fairlady roadster 1967.5
model Red with black
> interior and roll bar Ground up restoration Runs
great Easily a 10 footer