Re: Valve adjustment/noise

To: <jschmi7@us.ibm.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Valve adjustment/noise
From: "spencer" <spencer@thevision.net>
Date: Mon, 4 Sep 2000 10:00:46 -0700
Hi John,

I'm wondering if you've got a noisy rocker arm?   It's bushing could be worn
beyond specs and that could certainly cause a rattle.

Might check to see if all your rockers are getting enough oil.  Wouldn't
hurt to squirt a little over their tops to see if anything changes.

Did you rotate the pushrods to see if they were straight?

I've heard that some folks adjust the valves with the engine
running...adjusting up and down, with the feeler guage in place, somewhere
between stumbling and rattling.

You could pop the rocker assembly off to check for gauling on the valve stem
or underside of the rocker itself.

I'm eager to see what you find as my 1600 does the same #$%@ thing but, to
date, I've been too lazy to do anything about it!

Good luck and please let me know what you find out,

Mark in Modesto
Pale yellow, '67.5  1600 daily driver