Re: another one bites the dust

To: "Lanzarotti, Vanessa" <v.lanzarotti@tcu.edu>
Subject: Re: another one bites the dust
From: "Patrick J. Horne" <horne@cs.utexas.edu>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 20:41:50 -0500
> August most be a difficult month for roadster engines in TX.  My 68  2000
> died today with my hubby driving.  He thinks it is a blown head gasket.  I
> must confess my lack of knowledge here - what is it going to take to fix
> this?  A new engine?  Where do I get one of those?  Recommendations for
> mechanics in DFW area?
>
> Yesterday my family fleet had 4 roadworthy vehicles. Today there are but 2.
> Last night my teenage daughter backed into hubby's truck in the driveway- he
> was driving the roadster today to get a new taillight assembly for
> daughter's car.
>
> Vanessa

Sounds like we should set up an engine overhaul clinic in DFW!  Texas is pretty
hard on the roadsters.  I just finished doing some work and experimentation
on the cooling system on my 67.5 1600 in here in Austin.  I will post the
results of my tests and what I ended up with.  It may take a few days to get
everything written down, but I will get it done as soon as I can.  Right now
there are 3 heads standing in my garage waiting for me to get them installed!
My nephew blew the head gasket on his Honda early this week, a blown head
gasket on a a Plymouth Voyager (work van) and a replacement for my daily driver
67.5 1600 that has been milled WAY too far and has needed to be replaced for
about a year.

Peace,
Pat

--
Pat Horne, Network Manager, Shop Supervisor, Future planner
voice (512)471-9517, fax (512)471-8885