fuel pumps

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: fuel pumps
From: "Mike Faggart" <christygm@mindspring.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Aug 2000 08:41:05 -0400
When I got my car earlier this year, the 2L engine came with a fuel
pump with crimped sides on it, i.e. no visible way to repair the
diaphragm if needed.  There was also a spacer in between the engine
and the fuel pump.  Some friends were over to help me with the carbs
and they brought a fuel pump off of a 1600.  This one looks like it
could be taken apart and repaired if necessary. Now, when the "new"
pump was installed, the spacer was left off, and yes, I do need to put
a gasket on and seal it, after I get your help here.  Are the flow
rates the same for the 1600 and 2000?  Actually, the fuel pump did not
seem to be the problem so I am inclined to put the crimped unit and
spacer back on the engine. Opinions please!
Mike Faggart
69 2L
SEROC in NC