R16 w ADQ vs the smot test

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: R16 w ADQ vs the smot test
From: Keith0alan@aol.com
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2000 12:12:09 EDT
Hello,

    Did the smog test thing with the '66 this morning. This needle is a bit
rich at idle so I set it down .012". Even with this, the adjusters are turned
about all the way lean. At 2500 rpm it passed for a car well into the 70's.
At idle it was just a little rich. BTW it runs great!!! These carbs really
need an air bleed screw to adjust the mixture at idle.
   Next step, Set the needles down to about .020", do a bit more tweaking and
try the test again next weekend. Of course, when the winter (oxygenated) fuel
comes out I'll have to richen it up a bit.

                                   keith "mad scientist" williams