Luggage rack

To: road <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Luggage rack
From: "Thomas Walter" <ra0618@email.sps.mot.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2000 08:35:33 -0500
Mick,

Where are the mounting holes located?

There was a roadster specific luggage rack, that mounted with bolts
through the hinge plate area. Nice and thick mounting point.

I had an unknown luggage rack on the back of my 2000. Perhaps
an MG-B item. It was narrow than the hinge plates, and a previous
owner mounted it into the sheet metal. Bent up the trunk lid. ;-(

Trick is to pack light. ;-)  I used to tour by bicycle, with loaded panniers.
It was good habit to get into packing everything as light as possible, even
with a tent, sleeping back, ground pad, and so on.  After my month long
trips in New Zealand and Ireland... well the roadster had a TON of room.
<grin>.

On a serious note I wonder if their is any demand for a luggage rack? Seems
they would cost around $300 for new ones, so I do not expect any demand.

Cheers,

Tom Walter   '68 2000
Austin, TX