SEROC in Huntsville!

To: "Roadsters (E-mail)" <Datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: SEROC in Huntsville!
From: "Hall, Phillip" <Phillip.Hall@msfc.nasa.gov>
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 09:44:06 -0500
List and SEROCers -

We had a great weekend of Roadsters and fun!!!   Jay came down Saturday from
Nashville in his white 68 1600 and helped frame some walls for the new
Roadster garage.  He has a motive - a place to put his Roadster for an
engine/trans rebuild this winter - slick dude - it worked!   John came up
from central Al in his white 68 2L and Roger from Huntsville drove his
pickup (Ford Lighting).  Roger is very busy with work and has not had the
time to finish his beautiful silver 68 2L solex.  John was even nice enough
to let Roger and Jay take his very nice running/ looking 2L for a spin.  The
idea was to get Roger motivated into finishing his Roadster - it just might
have worked!  Also, Jay installed a stereo in-between all the fun.  It was a
bit of a job, but he rocked home Sunday!  A new neighbor came by with his 66
E-type Jag - these are pretty cars.  He could not stand it!  I think the 180
hand brake turns and the great Roadster dudes may have him thinking about a
Roadster after the shock of a new house wears off.

We did prove on thing - 1600's run neck and neck with each other.  Jay and
myself had a drag race and were even through every gear.  It was a blast to
run wide open with another Roadster 3 feet away at 6000 RPM!!!

After a night of socializing and steak eating, the next morning we all meet
at IHOP for some more laughs.  We all had a great Roadster weekend and was
truly a good time.

It will take a month to get these smiles off our faces.  Thanks everyone who
came - let me know if you got home OK.  Fellow SEROCer Mike in NC - it is
your turn!

Phil
SEROC