Re: 67 2000 Update

To: vlaury@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: 67 2000 Update
From: "Andrew Murphy" <solex67@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2000 19:34:48 PDT
What Vic doesn't know is that this car is almost three years into the
project right now. Although I bought it last November, I have been planning
to own and restore a Datsun roadster since 1997. I had to save the money the
old fashioned way (I earned it) and I have also put off buying a house and
have given up things for this dream.

So it may seem like I am buying it all in the next few months, but actually,
I have been working for this for a long time.

Still, it must have driven Vic crazy when he had to loan me twenty bucks at
the Summer nights meet when I was short on cash and then go home and write
to the list about dropping at least 6-8 thousand dollars in the next four
months.

Well Vic, the twenty will be in your hands at the Palomar run, and as for
the 6-8 thousand, it is just going to go to the vendors. And of course more
to come. I am a man chasing a dream and I am willing to make sacrifices for
it.

You'll get your trick stuff Vic. You love the car too much not to. So what
if it takes you a little longer than I? It'll still be worth it!

Andrew Murphy
67 2000 Solex
70 2000
SoCalROC