Re: filling the oil

Subject: Re: filling the oil
From: Christopher Coker <cfcoker@home.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2000 09:42:12 -0400
I think the issue is in the drain back holes in the block.  I've been doing
some prep work on the spare (3-main) motor for the race car.  There was a
lot of casting 'flash' around the drain back holes, in addition to the holes
not being very big to begin with.  I'm in the process of opening these holes
quite a bit.  This will help the oil drain better at high rpms in addition
to helping the crankcase breathe better, and better breathing = more
horsepower.