Summer nights in the city

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Summer nights in the city
From: "Andrew Murphy" <solex67@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 23:21:48 PDT
Hello all,

Well, SoCalROC had a good showing at the impromptu car show held at a
combination car wash and diner in Northridge, California. I must say, this
was unlike any car show I had ever seen. They close the car wash down, and
people just show up in their cars. There must have been 60 cars there with
every car you could want. Street rods, classics, sports coupes and of course
our roadsters.

There was a beautiful replica of a 57 Mercedes Gull Wing, a 69 Z28 camaro,
two prowlers, Chevies by the dozen, and of course our own presence. We had 7
cars in attendence.

Vic Laury       1970 2000
Roman Rist      1966 1600
Greg Glass      1966 1600
Gary Cohen      1968 2000 Solex
Michael Cohen   1966 1600
Allen Horowitz  1967.5 1600
Andrew Murphy   1967 2000 Solex

My personal favorite car at the show was a 240z with a small block Chevy
conversion. A truly gorgeous car. There was something there for everyone.
Our cars made quite a splash as I don't think many of the people there had
every seen one. I did hear the occaisional "I remember these cars" or "I
used to have one of those" as we sat on the grass and had a good time.

We are looking forward to the Palomar run next weekend. It was a fun show
and we all had a great time.

Andrew Murphy
SoCalROC