Re: SR20 RWD import engines

To: "road" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: SR20 RWD import engines
From: "Adam Fox" <foxy@pipeline.com.au>
Date: Fri, 11 Aug 2000 12:23:41 +1000
Don't forget that the dense population/road system in Japan can mean that
although an engine has only 20,000kms on it, it may have twice/three times
the running hours of an Australian or other engine, due to sitting in
traffic and not getting very far, and from what ive heard idling for
extended periods is bad for the bores. That said, I have an FJ20t import
engine in my 510 and its been fine so far. Just try and get a good warranty
with the engine, it may cost more but its good insurance.

Adam Fox

65 1500
71 2LFJ20 Turbo 510