Re: Competition colors

To: <svgkm@halley.ca.essd.northgrum.com>,
Subject: Re: Competition colors
From: Marc Tyler <mtyler@hctc.net>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 18:18:08 -0500
svgkm@halley.ca.essd.northgrum.com wrote

>OK, all you automotive history buffs out there ñ all the countries
>campaigning in
>international auto competition used to have an official color/color
>scheme, e.g.., UK was
>green (BRG, don't you know...), Germany was silver, France blue (I think),
>USA white
>w/blue stripes etc.; so ñ who knows what (if any) was Japan's official
>color scheme for
>auto racing? Anybody... ?
>
>Gary McCormick
>'70 2000
>San JosÈ, CA
Speaking of Japan and racing, not too long ago I watched "Grand Prix"
with James Garner.  It has some incredible F1 racing footage from when F1
was worth watching.  Anyway The James Garner character looses his ride
with a ficticious British racing team that maybe is supposed to be Lotus,
and is brought on board a ficticious Japanese F1 team  (Yamura) headed by
a badly dubbed Toshiro Mifune.  I had assumed Yamura was supposed to be
Honda until I saw a Pic on Rob's site of Garner posing alongside a Datsun
Roadster.
Was Yamura  Datsun?  Cool movie at any rate, worth looking for.

-Marc T-

As for color, White with red?

Marc Tyler
TDROC
1970 1600 #SPL311-31016
1965 L-320 #L320 013642 (the misspent ute)
http://datsun_marc.tripod.com/cgi-bin/Datsun_homepage.html
Sisterdale TX