Registry update and observations

To: datsun roadsters <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Registry update and observations
From: Roman Rist <ristguitars@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2000 14:17:45 -0700 (PDT)
Well hello, one and all, Roman here.

I have gotten a LOT of response on my registry! Very interesting stuff
here. I have gotten so much more info about your cars than just the
basics.

I am in the middle of moving, so that puts a damper in normal life
operations. This too shall pass.

Initally, I responded to each response with at least a "thanks for the
info". lately it has been all I can do to just get to the computer,
read the posts and store the info.

So far I have discovered there are quite a few of you out there with
multiple cars! You are a patient, dedicated lot. some of the cars are
just sitting, waiting for that day of glory, when you have it restored
and back on the road.
the one thing I have concluded so far, is that these cars are well
loved by the owners, and there is a real desire to not have these cars
go into the junkyard in the sky.(roadster hell)

Many cars are restored to various degrees, many are daily drivers,some
are show cars, which is great, but I am very touched by all the cars
that are not running yet, which the owner refuses to part out. The
dream of the car returning in its' glory is alive!

I think lurkers are still in the lead, maybe the average lurker feels
they have nothing to offer to the list, maybe they are shy, or maybe
they type like crap (like me). Don't know for sure, but I know this, my
registry gives the lurker something to offer, A Car!!! And boy, oh boy,
there are a lot of lurker cars out there.

Some have submited large files of info to me and I thank you.
We'll see where this goes, right now I'm still collecting info.

Thank you all, for your help, input, information and keep it coming!

Roman Rist
LA, Ca.
66 spl311 03164 daily driver, scheduled for paint and interior in sept

67.5 spl311 12558 just finished body work,scheduled for frame off soon

70 spl311 31006 very late car, made in april of 70. Sora blue, in the
middle of new interior and major transformation. runs good will be
daily driver while 66 is down. this car will debut at palomar run! This
is my 500 dollar car! what a transformation a bit of money and a LOT of
time can make!!!

http://invites.yahoo.com/