Re: FW: Victor goes Solo II

To: Robert.Long@CSDInc.com
Subject: Re: FW: Victor goes Solo II
From: Mike Poorboy <bitterrootprop@nidlink.com>
Date: Wed, 09 Aug 2000 10:06:38 -0700

Robert.Long@CSDInc.com wrote:

> Hi,
>
> After reading Victor's, Paul's, and Don's posts about SCCA racing, I
> did some research, and found that there's a SOLO II race right here in
> Albuquerque on September 3rd.
>
> I don't know if I'll get my 4 speed fixed by then, but think I'll go check
> it out.
>
> I've never really done any racing before, but I sure enjoy watching.
>
> Looking forward to Victor's full report...Robert - 67.5 1600 - Abq

Robert,
You can catch a ride with any number of people at an autocross event.
Ask Bob , he got a ride in a XKE when we went one weekend. I get
rides all the time , since I don't have a running car right now. It is also
a great way to see how someone else handles the course. I have found
that the driver likes a little feed back from you sometimes. They usually
are concentrating so hard that they might miss something you don't.

Anyone of you SoCalRoc guys have an extra set of race radials on
wheels that Victor can use ? It would be cool if you could get a
couple of time only runs on race tires.

Mike
Nowroc