Roadster Parts

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Roadster Parts
From: "Mark McInnis" <McInns@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2000 08:18:02 -0500
I just recently found the Roadster Page while searching for roadster
websites.  I've owned a '69 roadster 2000 for about 10 years.  I bought the
car in Colorado as a basket case, and dreamed of putting it on the road.
When I bought the car, I was told the engine was good, but the car had
"transmission problems".  I proceeded to have the engine cleaned, and found
out that the car in reality had engine problems.  The pistons were all
cracked.  After having the head rebuilt, new pistons bought, new oil pump,
new tensioner parts, I found that some timing gears were also cracked.  I
put it back into storage, and its been there since.
My brother suggested I put a newer engine in the car since the body panels
are
in such good shape, but I have not found much information on the subject.

What I do know is that there aren't many roadsters in this part of the
country, and most that are, are rust ridden.

Since I am a novice about cars, I am now wondering how to find out the value
of the car parts, if I want to just part out the vehicle.  I looked at a
Ralleye site, and it appears the parts may be worth more than the whole.
Any comments?  If anyone is interested in the body, or other parts,I can
take
some digitals and e-mail them.

McInns-Iowa