Re: Window Chrome questions and lessons learned

To: HIGHKIX4@aol.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net,
Subject: Re: Window Chrome questions and lessons learned
From: Davesmbox@aol.com
Date: Sun, 6 Aug 2000 22:55:46 EDT
In a message dated 8/6/00 10:19:15 PM Eastern Daylight Time, HIGHKIX4@aol.com
writes:

<<
 And my question:   What is a good way to get that windshield in without
 breaking it?  My plan is this:
 1)  put gaskes on windshield, not in metal channels.
 2)  lube up gaskets with glycerin
 3)  insert windshield into base and one side, which is already tight
 4)  fasten the other side, gradually tighten it and work it over the glass
      (this is what I see as the danger/breakage phase)
 5) put on the top metal plate, and carefully fasten the chrome rod.

This has come up before . Please THIS IS REAL GOOD ADVICE. PAY a pro to put
the glass in. YOU WILL SPEND A DAY AND STILL NOT GET IT IN. The guys that do
this every day will put you to shame. It will cost you about $75.
I recently like a fool thought I could put me TR4A windshield in. Had the
frame off the car, seemed like a piece of cake. WRONG blew a day. Brought it
to a windshield shop, $75 later, done deal.
PAY THE PRO. Plus if you break it you are really screwed.
Dave