Re: Some questions for the list

To: Davesmbox@aol.com
Subject: Re: Some questions for the list
From: Ron Hamilton <ej99176@goodnet.com>
Date: Sat, 05 Aug 2000 16:55:11 -0700
Any system that uses a hall effect trigger has exactly the same dwell
regardless of engine rpm dependent upon how good the distributor shaft and
associated parts are. It amounts to a square wave from 1 RPM to too high to
plot. It is only one part of the equation though as there are
considerations such a coil and wiring quality. A bit of advise though,
DON'T hold a high tension wire even if you are turning the engine over with
a wrench and have the ignition on. It will definitely get your pacemaker's
attention.

Ron