Small World

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net, datsunroadsters@egroups.com
Subject: Small World
From: RoadsteRob@aol.com
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2000 17:36:29 EDT
List

Lately not a week goes by without some sort of Roadster story hitting me
right between the eyes.

Tonight I was doing my duty picking my daughter up from pony club (not a Ford
Mustang gathering you understand). She was being brought home by the father
of a friend whose horsebox we use, week in week out - whilst the girls were
saying good bye, Tim, the friend's father, turned his conversation to my 260Z
Roadster (which my wife regularly berates to anyone who will listen). Tim was
quite interested and went on to say that when he was in Australia he
navigated a far more exciting Datsun Rally car for over 2 1/2 years - showing
mild interest, although really just wanting to get home, I enquired what the
car was - it was only a 2000 Sports Roadster!!. (With the Solex set-up like
all the Aus cars).  Before I was able to get a word in, he went on to say
he'd never seen a Roadster since he'd come back to England - When I casually
mentioned I'd got 2 in my garage, just a couple of miles away, he was like a
kid with a new toy.

(You have to remember here that we only have around 5 roadworthy cars in the
UK (with a few more under restoration, Eddie?) and that there are probably
not too many more people in the UK who have ever driven a Roadster, let alone
rallied one for 2 1/2 years).

Mmmmm. Perhaps I have a buyer for my 1600 after all.

Rob
<A HREF="http://www.datsun.org/fairlady/";>The Classic Fairlady Roadster
Register</A>