Re: rear brakes-- engine stalling

To: Amy & Erik <apotter@mn.rr.com>,
Subject: Re: rear brakes-- engine stalling
From: R Haug <haugchiro@moscow.com>
Date: Wed, 02 Aug 2000 06:15:45 -0700
Erik,
I think you have answered your own question.  Spirited driving will use more
fuel and if there is a restriction somewhere it gets blocked.  Rest, and the
blockage somewhat clears.  Kind of odd but ?  Anyway you need to check the fuel
filters.  See if there is one back by the fuel tank.  Follow the lines back to
front and see if there is an additional filter there somewhere.  If you have SUs
someone on the list mentioned something about a filter/screen at the carbs too.
If these don't show something the fuel tank may have rust and crud in it
blocking the pickup tube.  If you have that glass fuel bowl in the right front
corner it may need a new cork gasket for a better seal.
Hope that helps
Bob,
Moscow