Re: Parts help

To: "Mike Adams" <mikeadam@wcnet.net>
Subject: Re: Parts help
From: "Patrick J. Horne" <horne@cs.utexas.edu>
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 13:29:02 -0500
I will look to see if the relay is the same as the one used on my 67.5.  If it
is the
originals are, indeed, NLA, but for about $11 the dealer will sell you a
replacement.  I have
2 of them on hand that I probably won't use, they look funky.  What they did
was take one
of the black cube relays (Hella, Bosch, etc) and upt it in a socket, along with
one jumper
and 4 male 1/4" pins.  You mount the relay and then cram the pins into the ends
of the
wires that used to go to our metal encased relays.  If this sounds like it
looks bad,it
does!  I would rather remove the female pins from the harness and mount up a
socket that
the relay goes directly into.  The relays from parts houses are under $5 and
the connector
should only be a couple of $$, but, if you  REALLY want a Nissan part, I have
some!

Peace,
Pat

--
Pat Horne, Network Manager, Shop Supervisor, Hardware Guru
voice (512)471-9517, fax (512)471-8885, UUCP:cs.utexas.edu!horne