Re: sort of OT - local fuel prices

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: sort of OT - local fuel prices
From: Teddy Seidenfeld <teddy@stat.cmu.edu>
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 16:35:07 -0400
At 01:43 PM 6/28/00 +0000, Mike Adams wrote:
>Houston Texas - $1.51 - $1.55 for regular unleaded
>Wharton Tx.  - $1.49 - $1.55  Regular unleaded - no charge for the water in
>this gas
>I was in Michigan two weeks ago and the cheapest was $2.25 regular unleaded
>in ColdWater which is about half way between Chicago and Detroit.
>Also in Yellowstone NP the last week of May $1.92 premium unleaded.

Dear List,

Last Friday afternoon, fueled up in Pittsburgh PA for the trip to Mid-Ohio.
 The Pgh price for 94 Octane was $1.81/gal.  (The most I've paid for that
in Pgh. is $1.85/gal.)

Friday late-afternoon, fueled up again in Columbus where my son, David, and
I were staying -- to be close to the OROC celebrations there.  The Columbus
OH price for comparable gas was $2.30/gal.

That's about $0.50/gal difference at a distance of less than 200 miles!
There is no difference I'm aware of between OH and PA state-gas pollution
requirements/additives.

Mandatory Roadster Content:  My 69 2000 got about 30 mpg over the 600 miles
we put on that weekend, including what must be the record slowest 3
(parade) laps ever recorded at Mid-Ohio.  It felt like driving on NY's LIE
in early weekend rush-hour, for those who have experienced that.  Of
course, just as on the LIE, the problem was the herd of BMWs clogging up
the road, trying to find their way out to the Hamptons no doubt!

But it was boundless fun, nonetheless!

Special thanks to the Merciers and Luers for all their gracious hospitality
and impressive organizational skills.

Best,
Teddy
Pgh. PA